Tuesday, January 6, 2015

One Yes

It's been a little over a year since I've written this blog and I really wish I had written more over this year. It's been a rough one. Last time I wrote I talked about starting school at Lewis University, and it really hasn't been the best journey of my life. In the world of theatre I am going to have many people say no to my acting, but it has been a little disheartening to be told no so many times. I know I need a thicker skin, and I am trying, but easier said than done. I've also had an ugly reality about people thrown in my face... THEY SUCK! Not all people suck, just the ones who I thought were my friends. I did however meet a few people who have turned out to be very good friends to me, and I can't thank them enough for that. On a happier note however I am still planning my wedding. I have my photographer, church, reception hall, and wedding theme! BTW it's Doctor Who themed! Shane, the fiance, is wearing the 10th Doctor's brown suit and I am dying my hair blond to be his Rose Tyler. The groomsmen will all have an object that is related to different regenerations of The Doctor. (Ex: Shane's brother Coley will be wearing the 4th Doctor's scarf) Our honeymoon is going to be legen-andIhopeyouaren'tlactoseintolerantbecausethenextpartofthisis-dary! We are going to Disney World and Universal Studios! Shane has never been and I've been at least 10 times over the years. Disney has been a HUGE part of my life. I was raised on Disney films, I basically only watched those growing up. Sharing Disney with Shane is going to be amazing, and then one day I will share it with our kids. This Summer was also pretty amazing. I was cast in a production of RENT my all time favorite musical. I was the bag lady and the understudy for Joanne (I had two shows to play her). Joanne has been a dream role for a long time and getting to play her was indescribable. It's that feeling of being one the stage that makes all of those nos irrelevant, it makes them nothing, because one yes can change my life.What yes changed your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment